This is my “go to” recipe for easy preparation of chard. Mighty tasty too!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 pound chard, rinsed and chopped into little ribbons
- 1 1/2 cups tomato, sliced or chunked
- 1-2 lemons, juiced
Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Stir in garlic and green onions; cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft and fragrant. Add salt and peppers. Stir. Add garbanzo beans. Allow the spices and seasonings to mingle with beans and heat through. Place chard in pan, and cook until wilted. Add tomatoes and squeeze lemon juice over greens. Plate, and season with salt and pepper to taste. You can add Parmesan cheese, if desired.